The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS) was established by Act 27 of 2005 of the Kerala State Legislature
CENTRE FOR PARLIAMENTARY STUDIES& LAW REFORMS
The Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Law Reforms (CPSLR) under the National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS) is an endeavour of the University to make legislation more effective for social transformation and to achieve social justice by equitable administration of law. The CPSLR adopts an inter-disciplinary approach to identify the inadequacies of present laws, suggest the changes required and support the enactment of new laws to meet emerging challenges. The Centre has initiated studies on parliamentary procedures and legislative practices to provide necessary recommendations for the rectification of defects and to better their functioning. The CPSLR strives to guarantee public participation in the process of law making to provide valuable inputs for the qualitative improvement of the law. It provides a point of convergence for law makers, academicians and the general public.
- One Day National Workshop on the Criminal Laws (Amendment) Ordinance, 2013, on Saturday, 2 March, 2013 at the NUALS Campus, Kalamassery.
- CPSLR-NUALS-Giri & Giri First National Legal Research Essay Competitions, 2012, on the topic 'Foreign Direct Investment in Retail Sector in India' concluded in November, 2012 with award of prizes.
- National Seminar on ‘Electoral Reforms and the Law’, NUALS, Kalamassery Campus, March 7-8, 2012.
- National Seminar on ‘Goods and Service Taxation in India: Fiscal and Constitutional Issues’ in Association with Gulati Institute of Taxation & Finance, Mascot Hotel, Trivandrum, September 27-28, 2011.
- Address by Mr. P.C. Chacko, Honourable Member of Parliament, on ‘Parliamentary Privileges’, NUALS, Kalamassery Campus, October 13, 2011.
- National Workshop on ‘Making the Emigration Act, 1983 more Migrant Friendly’, NUALS, Kaloor Campus, February 16, 2011.
The Centre is staffed by:
Honorary Director: Dr. Anil R. Nair, Assistant Professor, NUALS.
Address for Communications:
Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Law Reforms,
National University of Advanced Legal Studies,
HMT Colony P.O.,
Kalamassery, Cochin. PIN 683503. KERALA